MIAMI BEACH, Fla., — Optym successfully hosted its 3rd conference, Optym Convergence 2017, from September 20 – 22, 2017 at the Fontainebleau Hotel in Miami Beach, FL. Fontainebleau boasts a world-class conference facility and is one of the country’s most iconic and historically significant hotels. The theme of this year’s conference was “Decision Optimization,” focusing on software solutions that automate and optimize decision-making for common logistical problems in the transportation industry.
Nearly 200 professionals from over 20 countries and 65 companies were in attendance. Senior-level executives from some of the largest transportation companies in the world came to Convergence, including American Airlines, BHP, FedEx, Greyhound, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines and UPS.
At the conference, attendees heard motivational keynote speeches and were present at a variety of events. The agenda included industry-specific panel discussions and breakout sessions, case studies in optimization and presentations about Optym’s current and future products. The overall goal of the conference was to bring transportation professionals from all over the world together to exchange ideas, learn about each other’s challenges, discuss industry trends and talk about upcoming products.
In every regard, Convergence was a massive success. Here are some comments from the conference attendees:
- “The conference is such a great chance for industry experts to get together and learn about the future of optimization and the tools available in the marketplace.”
- “Loved all aspects of the conference: industry deep dive, networking and Optym’s products. Valuable insight for the transportation industry.”
- “Great conference and great organization! Various topics and speakers made it very interesting. Thank you!”
- “Optym is an impressive company that wants to truly partner with their customers.”
- “What a valuable two days to learn new industry technologies, network with leaders from around the world and meet new friends!”
Optym would like to thank all attendees for another successful Convergence and hopes to see everyone again for Convergence 2018.