As UX lead in our Airline division, you will lead a team of talented UI/UX designers to design the next-generation Suite of Airline Scheduling solutions. You will be responsible for defining the design strategy for the Suite and working closely with the Product and Development teams to implement that strategy. You will also have an opportunity to work directly with some of the largest airlines in the world.
- Define UX process for internal team (of local and remote) UI/UX designers
- Lead a team of several designers to support the design efforts across a Suite of 5 products
- Collaborate with Development and Product Management teams to align UX process with their respective processes
- Create mid-to-high fidelity prototypes based on high-level business, functional, and technical requirements
- Use creative problem-solving to tackle complex business problems in the Airline space
- Work with Product teams to support Product Discovery efforts
- Validate implementation to ensure design meets business needs
- Be the champion of users by being their advocate amongst internal stakeholders (Product, Development, QA, etc.)
- Iterate quickly and deliver results in an agile development environment
- Rationalize design decisions to stakeholders and peers
- Coordinate and execute user research efforts (interviews, usability testing, surveys, etc.)
- Develop expert knowledge of industry, competitive and complementary products
- 7+ years of design or relevant experience
- 3+ years of experience leading design teams
- “Full Stack” designer – strong UI and visual skills, big picture UX and product design thinking, interaction design
- Fluent in prototyping software such as Sketch, Axure RP, Adobe XD and Adobe Suite etc.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal/written communication, networking, presentation and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated experience in online interaction design or information architecture
- Outstanding conceptual design skills and familiarity with high-level artifacts (scenarios, personals, flow diagrams, etc.)
- Startup design and international experience preferred
- Experience in desktop application design preferred
- Experience in designing enterprise or business-facing products preferred
When applying, please link your portfolio or work sample. The portfolio should talk about the design process and design decisions as well as the end results.
Salary commensurate with experience. Optym offers a competitive pay and benefits package. Relocation reimbursement may be available to the right candidate.