As a Senior Web Developer, you will be working on one of Optym’s products, which are being developed for global transportation and logistics companies such as easyJet, Southwest Airlines, Amadeus, FedEx. In this role, you should be a team player with a keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills.
We expect you to be flexible in learning and applying different programming languages and technologies, as well as constantly update your technical knowledge and skills.
It’s highly important for us that you can employ a good code writing style.
If you are excited by advancing your career with an innovative tech company, we’d love to hear from you!
- Build applications using HTML5, ReactJS
- Build reusable UI components, ensuring that UI codebase is scalable and maintainable
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Participate in user experience design and architecture initiatives
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to provide updates as well as to elicit new requirements
- Perform troubleshooting steps, if any, in the phase of implementation, customization, and configuration
- B.Tech/ B.S. or M.Tech/ M.S. in Computer Science, IT or related field
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience with ReactJS. Strong knowledge in ReactJS async State Management Framework – Redux
- Experience building Responsive Design layouts using a Grid layout approach (like Bootstrap), JSS
- Good understanding of HTML5 DOM, CSS3
- Familiar with development and debugging tools for cross-browser issues
- Experience integrating with RESTful APIs for server-side functionality
- Ability to work well individually or in a group setting, and under pressure and time constraints
- Very good English writing and speaking skills
- Familiar with React Native mobile app development framework
- Familiar with npm, Webpack configuration
- Familiar with git
- Experience with Agile methodologies
Additional required soft skills:
- Interdisciplinary – Because the IT team is often given a wide range of tasks like supporting, planning, and recommending changes, you must have the confidence to apply skills to multiple types of tasks in different ways.
- Flexible mindset – It’s common for an in-house project to change direction quickly and frequently. You should always be open and adaptive to changing project conditions.
- High sense of ownership – Especially important for the IT field. You should be aware of the needs of the company and your team on multiple levels and be willing to extend yourself and the areas you are working on.
- Ability to think globally – Especially important because of how diverse our company is, you should be able to see the bigger picture and grow yourself and your team.
- Desire to expand your skills – As Optym has a culture of learning, you should be willing to expand your knowledge and skills.
- Ability to properly negotiate – You should be able to present and pull for impactful, key ideas with multiple stakeholders without being aggressive.
- Experience working with clients – When we work with our engineers, it’s like working with a client. You should always strive to treat them better than they expect.
- Team Player – When things go wrong, do you close off and handle it solo? Or do you rally your team to work together to find a solution? You should be able to work both individually and collaboratively, delegating when necessary and supporting the growth of your team.