Business-focused problem solver with a toolset for design? Join our team in sunny Florida and Dallas, TX! We are looking for a sharp Senior UX Designer with at least 5 years of pure working design experience.
Optym is a global software company based in Florida. We create automation and optimization solutions for the transportation and logistics industries.
- Meet with clients, work with business analyst/product manager to gather the requirements
- Quick at converting requirements into initial design directions using wireframes and storyboards to get feedback from stakeholders
- Produce mid-high fidelity prototypes and mockups for dev. team.
- Be involved in QA of the implementation to make sure dev is in-line with proposed designs.
- Be the champion of the users by being their advocate while product decisions are made
- Ability to iterate quickly, deliver results in an agile development environment
- Ability to take feedback and collaborate with business and technology teams to design and deliver great user experiences
- Rationalize design decisions to stakeholders and peers
- Coordinate and execute user research efforts (interviews, usability testing, surveys, etc.)
- Consistently raise the bar for design standards through your work
- Promote user centered approach in the team.
- Develop expert knowledge of industry, competitive and complementary products
- 5+ years of design or relevant experience
- 3+ years of experience with mobile web/responsive design
- “Full Stack” designer – strong UI and visual skills, big picture UX and product design thinking, interaction design
- Fluent in prototyping software such as Sketch, Axure RP, Adobe XD and Adobe Suite etc.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal/written communication, networking, presentation and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated experience in online interaction design or information architecture
- Outstanding conceptual design skills and familiarity with high-level artifacts (scenarios, personals, flow diagrams, etc.)
- Startup design and international experience preferred
When applying, please link your portfolio or work sample. The portfolio should talk about the design process and design decisions as well as the end results.
Salary commensurate with experience. Optym offers a competitive pay and benefits package. Relocation reimbursement may be available to the right candidate.