You are an experienced software engineer taking pride in developing software making high societal impact using cutting edge technology and algorithms. You do not shy away from complex business problems but rather look forward to tackling them. You understand the value of teamwork and will foster a collaborative team spirit that brings together designers, architects, developers and product managers towards a common goal of solving our customer’s problems. Location is not a barrier for you, as you can work effectively with team members across multiple time zones.
You have a thirst for new technological developments and are eager to tackle some of the biggest challenges being faced by airlines around the world. You are not afraid to think big and are capable of experimenting with innovative ideas. You take pride in your creative problem-solving skills. Lastly, and most importantly, you understand the value of a good team culture and will invest the time and energy needed to keep it strong. Join our team!
Optym, a global software company, has immediate need for several Senior Software Engineers in Dallas, TX. A Senior Software Engineer is responsible for technical design and development of Optym’s flagship software products for the airline industry. At Optym, our mission is to build decision automation and optimization solutions that increase efficiency in transportation and logistics. In addition to design and development using cutting-edge techniques, you will lead initiatives that improve efficiency and quality of our software products.
- Technical design of one or more modules of the software product using latest design principles compatible with Optym’s software development guidelines.
- Development of software solutions based on system design, data models, and work processes.
- Documentation in form of flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments.
- Defining coding standards and code development tools specification.
- Proactively monitoring software application performance and providing information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues.
- Researching new technologies and rapid prototyping to establish technical feasibility.
- Maintaining high quality coding and validation standards throughout development cycle.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience in an object-oriented programming language such as Java or C#.
- Experience in architecture and system design of major modules in complex software solutions.
- Preferred to have the full-stack software development experience.
- Experience with agile software development life cycle processes.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or related fields with minimum of five years of relevant experience or a Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field.
Optym’s collaborative, forward-thinking culture has helped solve some of the most challenging problems faced by the world’s leading airlines, railroads and trucking companies using cutting-edge optimization techniques. We strive to build intuitive software that helps businesses reduce operational costs, improve service quality and increase their profitability. Now that’s impact! With our headquarters in Gainesville, Florida with a new office opening in Dallas, and branches in three countries, Optym has a team of about 250 enthusiastic puzzle-solvers, and we’re rapidly growing.
We value our employees and their contributions to optimizing the world! Competitive salaries and bonus and company equity eligibility are just a couple ways we choose to show it. We offer a robust, highly competitive benefit package and casual, fun and flexible working environment. Our Optymers enjoy platinum-tier medical, dental and vision coverage, health and fitness benefits, and 401(k) match.