Optym has an immediate need of a Senior Software Engineer in its team responsible for the technical design and development of one of its flagship software solutions for the airline industry. In addition to design and development using cutting edge techniques, as a Senior Software Engineer, you will lead initiatives that improve efficiency and quality of the software solution. You will also be responsible to mentor and guide other members in your team.
Followings are the essential functions for this position.
- Technical design of one or more modules of the software using latest design principles compatible to Optym’s software development guidelines.
- Development of software solutions based on system design, system flow, data usage, and work processes.
- Documentation in form of flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments.
- Defining coding standards and code development tools specification.
- Participation in defining review strategies and in code reviews.
- Proactively monitoring software application performance and providing information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues.
- Researching new technologies and rapid prototyping to establish technical feasibility.
- Maintaining high quality coding and validation standards throughout development cycle.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be comfortable working within an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze objectives, considers options, and plans and manages appropriately.
- Experience in an oriented object high level programing language such as Java or C#.
- Experience in architecture and system design of major modules in complex software solutions.
- Knowledge of popular database management systems, data-warehousing, and database programming language such as SQL.
- Experience with agile software development life cycle processes.
- Knowledge of designing and performing analysis of algorithms or statistical analysis.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in computer science or related field with Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience or a PhD in Computer Science or related field.