Optym, a global software company, has immediate need for a Senior Software Development Manager in Gainesville, FL responsible for the development of network planning software suite for the airline industry. At Optym, our mission is to build decision automation and optimization solutions that increase efficiency in transportation and logistics.
We are looking for natural technical leaders that get things done and love building complex enterprise systems. You will need to be able to dive deep and ensure the right processes are in place and that we are designing software that satisfies customer requirements. Being able to set a technical vision and inspire a dev team to deliver is critical. Ideally, you are a seasoned Software Development Manager preferably with experience in Operations Research looking to grow and take on the next challenge.
If this sounds intriguing, consider joining our team. You will enjoy a very competitive salary, great benefits, a work environment with a modern culture, and exciting opportunities to grow, have great fun and be part of an innovative company.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of managerial experience leading engineering teams
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices
- Knowledge of best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Fluent communication skills in verbal and written English
- Experience with at least one modern high-level programming language such as Java, Scala Python, C# or C++
- Experience with source control tools such as SVN and GIT
- Experience with DevOps tools (preferably TeamCity/Octopus)
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in any related computer science or engineering field
- Knowledge in Operation Research theory and practices
- Established expertise in developer tools or software development lifecycle (SDLC) systems (continuous integration, version control, source code repositories, build systems, package management, deployment tools, test frameworks, etc.)
- Proven track record of building and managing high performing engineering teams
- Passion for people management and mentorship
- Strong sense of ownership and focus on results with the innate ability to inspire such passion in others
- Ability to establish and market the business and technical visions for a complicated problem area