As a Senior Software Developer, you will be working on one of Optym’s products, which are being developed for global transportation and logistics companies such as easyJet, Southwest Airlines, Amadeus. In this role, you should be a team player with a keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills.
Your goal will be to develop software code based on the existing design. Hence, strong knowledge of C#, Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5/4.7, WPF, Web API is essential.
We expect you to be flexible in learning and applying different programming languages and technologies, as well as constantly update your technical knowledge and skills. Knowledge of NoSQL technologies (MongoDB), real-time communication (SignalR), containers and orchestration (Kubernetes) and messaging technologies (RabbitMQ, Kafka) will be an asset.
It’s highly important for us that you can employ a good code writing style that includes proper naming and sufficient comments.
If you are excited by solving complex problems and advancing your career with an innovative tech company, we’d love to hear from you!
- Develop software solutions based on system design document, studying systems flow, data usage and work processes.
- Actively participate in software and database design processes.
- Enhance existing programs by identifying areas for improvement.
- Participate in code reviews and defining review strategies.
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Proactively monitor software application performance and provide information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues.
- Maintain high-quality coding and validation standards throughout the development cycle.
- Strong knowledge of C#, .Net 4.5/4.7, .Net core, WPF, Web API, REST/RPC
- Strong knowledge of OOP, OOD, DDD Clean architecture
- Familiarity with design and architectural patterns including MVC and MVVM.
- Working experience with relational and non-relational databases including MS SQL Server and MongoDB.
- Strong knowledge of T-SQL language and relational data model.
- Familiarity with algorithms, ability to estimate algorithm complexity.
- Familiarity with data structures.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Good English language skills including reading, writing, and speaking.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field and at least three years of related experience.
Additional required soft skills:
- Interdisciplinary – Because the IT team is often given a wide range of tasks like supporting, planning, and recommending changes, you must have the confidence to apply skills to multiple types of tasks in different ways.
- Flexible mindset – It’s common for an in-house project to change direction quickly and frequently. You should always be open and adaptive to changing project conditions.
- High sense of ownership – Especially important for the IT field. You should be aware of the needs of the company and your team on multiple levels and be willing to extend yourself and the areas you are working on.
- Ability to think globally – Especially important because of how diverse our company is, you should be able to see the bigger picture and grow yourself and your team.
- Desire to expand your skills – As Optym has a culture of learning, you should be willing to expand your knowledge and skills.
- Ability to properly negotiate – You should be able to present and pull for impactful, key ideas with multiple stakeholders without being aggressive.
- Experience working with clients – When we work with our engineers, it’s like working with a client. You should always strive to treat them better than they expect.
- Team Player – When things go wrong, do you close off and handle it solo? Or do you rally your team to work together to find a solution? You should be able to work both individually and collaboratively, delegating when necessary and supporting the growth of your team.