Optym, a global software company, has immediate need for a Senior OR Scientist in Gainesville, FL responsible for the research and development of innovative optimization and simulation models in airline network planning software. At Optym, our mission is to build decision automation and optimization solutions that increase efficiency in transportation and logistics; we place high emphasis on fundamental scientific skills and the ability to combine technical knowledge with airline domain understanding to create cutting edge software products.
We are looking for…you?
Are you a dynamic, creative, and resourceful individual with a passion for building innovative combinatorial algorithms for scheduling problems in the airline industry? You must be able to handle ambiguity and competing objectives as demonstrated by your ability to distill problem definitions and constraints from informal, abstract business requirements and engineering problems. Additionally, you must apply theories of mathematical optimization-to include linear programming, combinatorial optimization, integer programming, network flows, and algorithms-to design optimal methodologies and contribute to various stages of optimization model development and deployment. You will provide technical support and enhancements to affiliates worldwide for deployed research applications.
• MS in Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, or other related scientific disciplines, or the equivalent level of professional experience combined with strong computational modeling and algorithmic skills.
• Strong background in modeling large scale discrete, nonlinear, or stochastic mathematical optimization models and developing efficient optimization algorithms.
• Experience in using commercial MIP solvers such Xpress, Cplex and Gurobi.
• Ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to a non-technical audience.
• Proficient with at least one modern high-level programming language such as Java, Scala Python, C# or C++.
• Fluent communication skills in verbal and written English
• Have a desire and an ability to grow into new science areas.
• Ph.D. degree, further education or similar experience in any related computer science or engineering field.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience in the airline industry.