The Senior Operations Research Analyst supports projects through the development of mathematical models and algorithms for optimization and simulation solutions. Leads efforts of understanding the business process and leads the designing of appropriate models to improve Client’s operational efficiency.
- Interacts with clients to gather business requirements and translates into technical requirements.
- Conducts research to identify use cases, needs for product, methods to improve scale of network flow algorithms, simulation models and decision support systems.
- Develops simulation, quantitative and hybrid models of complex logistics systems to evaluate and predict performance measures.
- Develops and implements optimization algorithms.
- Integrates simulation models and decision support systems to optimize complex systems.
- Develops data collection systems and strategies to obtain quality data and interpret data using statistical tools.
- Collaborates with other teams to design database, UI, algorithm and engine.
- Measures, controls, maintains, tests and improves the quality of model/software development.
- Prepares functional specification and project report documents.
Required Education and Experience: Master’s degree or equivalent in Industrial Engineering or related field or four to ten years of related experience.
Preferred Education and Experience: Ph.D. degree or equivalent in Industrial Engineering or related field and two to four years of related experience and/or training.