We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer for our Bengaluru office. The Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for collaborating with business stakeholders and Information Technology resources to support business processes and provide operational efficiency using industry standard technologies.
This position is responsible for all DevOps and Linux-related business processing and service delivery within our Sky Suite and Haul/Route products. A comprehensive understanding of business processing and operational objectives will be used to leverage technology best practices and industry standards to plan, facilitate, and support IT Services operational and business processing workflows and service agreements. This position will strive to achieve efficiencies in operational and business processing as well as accomplish desired results while reducing expenses and improving service.
- Understand needs and challenges of projects to formulate solutions that support their business and technical strategies and goals.
- Participate in after-hours on-call rotation.
- Recommend, develop and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, configuration management and security.
- Actively participate in project planning and takes a leadership role (as needed) to ensure timely and successful completion of projects assigned to DevOps team. Provide technical knowledge and recommendations to staff members as required.
- Test new patch/software releases to ensure compatibility to minimize impact and downtime.
- Working with the IT team to administer, automate, maintains and support:
- DevOps Infrastructure
- All Linux server operating systems (RedHat and Ubuntu)
- Container environment based on Kubernetes and Docker
- Cloud environments on Azure and GCP
- Applications like MongoDB, MySQL, Rabbit MQ, .net core, Atlassian products like Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence etc.
- B. Tech / B.S. or M.C.A. in IT or related field
- 5-7 years experience in DevOps, Linux administration of complex systems environments and Kubernetes cluster/container management with a strong understanding of business impact and systems management.
- Hands-on experience in implementing DevOps lifecycle which includes CI/CD pipeline.
- Hands-on experience in Linux System Administration and proficiency in Shell.
- Strong experience in microservices and containerized technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.) and their deployment.
- Knowledge of virtualized computer environments and management of virtualized systems based on VMWare virtualization solutions
- Experience with DevOps tools like Jenkins, TeamCity, Octopus, ELK, Docker, Ansible
- Experience with modern web architectures & cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Proficiency in scripting language like PowerShell, shell, python.
- Experience with automation of complex and diverse business and operational workflows.
- Advanced experience with complex software installation, software upgrades and system migrations
- Advanced diagnostic, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to produce repeatable results
- Knowledge of database technologies and basic DBA skills (Mongo, MySQL)
- Experience supporting 24/7 high availability production services
- Should be self-motivated and able to meet goals with little oversight