Optym is seeking a Senior Database Developer for our advanced analytical applications. A Senior DB Developer will be responsible for developing database components for business critical and highly available environment by creating database functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development teams. A primary function of this role will also be data migration as per the project requirements.
Team: The Database Development team is responsible for Query Performance at the data layer level. Primarily we focus on Microsoft SQL Server Query and application tuning, but we are branching out into MongoDB & other NoSQL technologies. We are also involved in .Net (C#) internal tool development and support and advanced SQL Server and NoSQL projects
- Participate in SQL server design, data modeling, development, debugging and optimization.
- Take ownership of product & content query creation and optimizations, SQL Server T-SQL/MDX package development as well as .Net (C#) development and support.
- Handle end to end data migration based on project/client requirement
- Optimally design database environments by analyzing complex distributed production deployments and make recommendations to optimize performance
- Development (code) for creating new database objects in MSSQL and maintain, support and fine tune them apposite to the code by working closely with development teams.
- Prepare design specifications and functional documentations for assigned database projects.
- Develop test plan and testcases coordinating with the QA team to demonstrate database readiness post migration
- Evaluate existing database and recommend improvements for performance efficiency
- Perform trouble shooting steps, if any, in the phase of implementation, customization, and configuration
- Work closely with application teams to ensure business functionality and SLAs are met
- Develop best practices for database design and development activities by continuous research into new database technologies.
- B.Tech/ M.Tech in Computer Science, IT or related field with 4-7 years of database development experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of SQL Server 2012/2008 design and development
- Experience in Database Administration – backup/restore, replication, etc.
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, Perl, Python, Powershell) and non-relational databases – DynamoDB, MongoDB etc.
- Basic understanding of SSAS – Multidimensional database, MDX, SSIS etc.
- Exposure to ETL workflow management.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well individually or in a group setting, and under pressure and time constraints
- Working knowledge of C# and .Net
- Experience of applying database technology in BI environment and following agile methodologies
- Good communication skills and ability/curiosity to understand the business