Optym is seeking a Senior Database Developer for our Rail suite. A Sr. DB Developer will be responsible for developing database components for business critical and highly available environment by creating database functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development. The position will also be responsible for migration of project database from one technology to another as per the requirements.
Reports to: Principal Database Developer
Team: The Database Development team is responsible for database design, development and query performance at the data layer level. Primarily we focus on Microsoft SQL Server Query and application tuning, and are also exploring MongoDB & other NoSQL technologies. We are also involved in .Net (C#) internal tool development, support, advanced SQL and NoSQL projects.
• Derive database design specifications and functional requirements by participating in business and functional requirement discussions with business analysts and development teams
• Design database schemas based on product architecture and business requirements
• Develop database functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development
• Maintain, update and fine tune queries and performance of the database by working closely with application development teams
• Design and implement ETL processes to process incoming data and reduce data issues
• Manage migration of database components from other technology to MS SQL Server
• Support QA team in developing test plans and test cases to improve robustness of database
• Perform troubleshooting during implementation, customization, and post implementation support to meet project SLAs
• Undertake database deployment and migration activities when required.
• Evaluate existing database and recommend improvements for performance efficiency
• In memory OLTP technology
• Learn and guide team with best practices for database design and development activities by continuous research into new database technologies.
• B.Tech in Computer Science, IT or related field with 3-6 years of database development experience.
• Comprehensive understanding of SQL Server Database design and development
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to work well individually or in a group setting.
• Good communication skills and ability/curiosity to understand the business
Desired experience :
• Exposure of NoSQL database DynamoDB, MongoDB etc.
• Assembly, SQL Server CLR integration
• Exposure to ETL workflow management.
• Exposure to Database Administration backup/restore, replication, etc.
• Working knowledge of C# and .Net
• Knowledge of scripting languages (Bash/Powershell)
• Knowledge of SSDT
• Basic understanding of SSAS – Multidimensional database, MDX, SSIS etc.