The DevOps Engineer (Release Engineer) is responsible for collaborating with internal stakeholders, including software development teams and information technology resources to support business processes and provide operational efficiency using industry standard technologies.
This position will work collaboratively with IT and software engineering teams to deploy and operate our systems/platforms, and support client utilization. This will include helping to automate and streamline our operations and processes, along with building and maintaining tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. Additionally, this position will troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments.
- Recommend, develop and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, configuration management and security
- Responsibility for analyzing network and system performance and evaluating new tools and systems
- Generate detailed technical notes and propagate the internal knowledge-base with information, including developing notes and operating procedures for activities including system monitoring, performance tuning, backup/recovery, server architecture design, and system maintenance
- Test new patch/software releases to ensure compatibility to minimize impact and downtime
- Manage and enhance build and continuous integration infrastructure; support infrastructure for development teams and enhance tools for development workflows
- Monitor and maintain CI/CD Pipelines for production deployments
- Contribute to our growing Configuration Management footprint in various environments
- Advanced ability to craft clear and concise documentation
- B.S. in IT or related field
- 4-7 years’ experience in administration of complex systems environments with a strong understanding of business impact and systems management
- Strong background and hands-on experience in windows and/or Linux/Unix System Administration; proficiency in Shell and scripting languages.
- Hands on experience in microservices and containerized technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.) and their deployment.
- Experience with source code version control systems like git, syn, etc.
- Experience with modern web architectures & cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Experience with DevOps automation/configuration management tools like TeamCity, Nagios, ELK, Splunk, Octopus Deploy, Docker, Ansible, Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Experience with web servers (IIS, Nginx, etc.) and load balances (HAProxy, Azure, etc.)
- A working understanding of SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus)
- A working understanding of code and script (C#, Java, Python, PowerShell, etc.)
- Knowledge of database technologies and moderate DBA skills (Mongo, MySQL)
- Knowledge of software configuration, hardware maintenance and access control management
- Should be self-motivated and able to meet goals with little oversight
Salary commensurate with experience. Optym offers a competitive pay and benefits package. Relocation reimbursement may be available to the right candidate.