Optym is seeking a QA Engineer for our advanced analytics application. He/she will be responsible for the quality assessment of product deliverables and automation of functional tests for our Haul suite.
Responsibilities: The QA Engineer will deliver end-to-end software testing function – from creating test plans/test cases, test-execution and defect management to UAT and post-implementation support. Detailed responsibilities include:
- Participate in QA plan creating and execute the plan.
- Collaborate with developers and QA leads to improve testability, automation, and tools
- Review subsystem requirements for proper decomposition from system requirements
- Review design to verify requirements implemented, good engineering design practices followed
- Perform API level testing, system testing, black box functional testing, UI and white box testing.
- Assess implementation against the requirements and design
- Ensure development and supporting processes must be followed
- Perform or witness testing at various system and subsystem levels
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans, test cases & test reports
- Tech/ B.S. or M.Tech/ M.S. or equivalent in Computer Science, IT or related field.
- 2-4 years of experience.
- Hands-on experience in Manual testing.
- In depth knowledge of SDLC & STLC (design test plan and test strategy, writing and executing test cases, opening and verifying defects)
- Working knowledge of JIRA, TestRail or other relevant testing tools
- Experience of working with SQL.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well individually or in a group setting
- Working knowledge of any programming language (Java/.NET/Python)
- Experience of testing web & desktop application
- Ability to interact with clients
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Experience in automation and API testing is added advantage