Optym is seeking a QA Engineer for our advanced analytics application. He/she will be responsible for the quality assessment of product deliverables and automation of functional tests for our Rail Suite.
Reports to: Lead QA Engineer
Responsibilities: The QA Engineer will deliver end-to-end software testing function – from creating test plans/test cases, test-execution and defect management to UAT and post-implementation support. Detailed responsibilities include:
- Participate in QA plan creating and execute the plan.
- Collaborate with developers and QA leads to improve testability, automation, and tools
- Review subsystem requirements for proper decomposition from system requirements
- Review design to verify requirements implemented, good engineering design practices followed
- Perform API level testing, system testing, black box functional testing, UI and white box testing.
- Assess implementation against the requirements and design
- Ensure development and supporting processes must be followed
- Perform or witness testing at various system and subsystem levels
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans, test cases & test reports
- Tech/ B.S. or M.Tech/ M.S. or equivalent in computer science, IT or related field.
- 2-4 years of experience.
- Hands-on experience in automation/ manual testing.
- Proven experience in automation testing with tools like UFT.
- Working knowledge of JIRA, TestRail or other relevant testing tools
- Working knowledge of T-SQL.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well individually or in a group setting, and under pressure and time constraints
- Proficiency in VB Scripting & C#
- Working knowledge of any programming language, preferably .Net
- Experience of testing desktop and BI application
- Ability to interact with clients
- Experience with agile methodologies