Optym, a global software company located in Gainesville, Florida, is seeking a full-time Marketing Writer to work in our marketing department in the Gainesville Office. The primary responsibility of this position is to work closely with internal team members to write, review, and publish a wide variety of marketing and promotional content.
- Write copy for marketing and support materials, including: Customer case studies, newsletters, emails, web content, magazine articles, social media, presentations, product brochures, direct mail, and advertising.
- Review, proof, and edit communication materials for accuracy and consistency of message.
- Publish manuals, news releases, and other documents using Microsoft Word and Adobe In Design, including creation of electronically distributed versions.
- Manage publication life cycles including document release, archiving, revision tracking, periodic reviews, and updates.
- Interact and collaborate with product development, customer support, and other team members as necessary to gather relevant content and coordinate document reviews.
- Assist with website content creation and updating.
- A bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or a related technical or writing field.
- At least two years of technical writing experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and clearly in writing.
- Ability to translate concepts and rough copy into clear and engaging technical documents.
- Experience in writing, editing and proofreading marketing copy.
- Public relations or media relations experience a plus.
- Proficient in all MS-Office applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Social media experience a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Self-starter with the ability to complete complex tasks in a results-oriented, timely, professional manner.
- Works well in a highly collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
- Exhibits a positive and helpful attitude.
- Position requires access to controlled technology and information. To abide by Export Compliance regulations, candidates must have either US Citizenship or US Permanent Resident Alien Status.
- Must pass a criminal background check prior to starting work.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English (multilingual a plus).
Please attache your resume AND sample written works for consideration.