This position participates in all human resources processes and serves as the first point of contact for employee requests. This position supports the Senior Human Resources Manager and Talent Acquisition and Immigration functions, as needed. Human Resources Generalist ensures data integrity by maintaining our HRIS.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Administers employee benefits programs such as retirement plans; medical, dental, vision plans; life insurance plans; temporary disability programs; and wellness programs maintaining enrollment and other pertinent records
- Handles benefits inquiries to ensure prompt resolution
- Assists the Senior Human Resources Manager with open enrollment, including the evaluation and comparison of benefit providers and brokers, surveys and other sources of information.
- Generates employee letters as requested for employment verification and immigration purposes
- Maintains employee files and HRIS.
- Assists with documenting and investigating employee complaints and supports corrective action plans
- Coordinates and facilitates new employee orientation to ensure employees gain proper understanding of company culture, procedures, benefits, etc.
- Assists with payroll data verification and associated reporting
- Processes department invoices to include monthly reconciliation and associated follow-up as needed
- Helps maintain compliance by ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to by providing guidance to managers and employees as needed
- Supports Human Resources projects and initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive material.
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be comfortable working within a dynamic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Professionalism, confidentiality, discretion and flexibility.
- Strong computer literacy including Microsoft Applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- A positive “can-do” attitude.
- Willingness to be proactive.
- Willingness to learn, grow, and adapt.
- High degree of cultural sensitivity, capable of working in an ethnically diverse environment.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree with two or more years of related experience, or Associate’s degree with four or more years related experience, or HS Diploma with 6 or more years related experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification.