At Optym we rely heavily on data to power our systems and bring to market innovative solutions that improve the transportation industry. We are looking for a Data Scientist that will help us identify overarching patterns in large volumes of data to drive current product improvement and create new predictive modeling for the airline industry. Our ideal team member will have the right combination of the computer science, mathematical and statistical expertise you’d expect, but also a natural curiosity and creative mind. As you mine, interpret, and clean our data, we will rely on you to ask questions, understand the domain, connect the dots, and uncover opportunities that lie hidden within—realizing the data’s full potential. All with the ultimate goal of optimizing the aviation industry. You will join a multi-disciplinary team of talented individuals and you will use your skills and experience to drive the present and create the future.
Optym builds decision automation and optimization software products for transportation companies. Optym’s products solve some of the most challenging decision problems faced by world’s leading airlines, trucking and railroads companies using cutting-edge optimization techniques. With its headquarters located in Gainesville, Florida and branches in four countries, Optym has over 250 highly qualified professionals and is rapidly growing. Optym offers competitive compensation and a great benefits package.
- Apply Multivariate Statistical Analysis, Data Modeling, Predictive Analytics to solve transportation problems in the airline industry
- Design, code, test and debug complex optimization & data science solutions using operations research & machine learning techniques.
- Apply machine learning, data visualization and analytics to solve business problems
- Pattern recognition, Statistical Inference, and model estimation using multiple big data sources
- Develop data manipulation and machine learning algorithms in R, Python, SQL, Bash, C# etc.,
- MS. or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Machine Learning
- Ability to apply modeling and analytical skills to transportation problems
- Apply regression (linear, nonlinear, logistic), decision trees, cluster analysis and other machine learning algorithms
- Excellent programming skills using R, Python, SQL, C#
- Experience in Big Data technologies such as Spark and Hadoop Platform (Hive, HDFS)
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Deriving meaningful patterns and quantitative analysis using complex large datasets