This position is responsible for all corporate accounting functions for Optym. The Controller oversees AP functions and works closely with CEO and other executives on all finance related matters for all locations of the organization.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs all the activities of the corporate accounting including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits and annual budgets.
- Oversee the activities of the AP personnel, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, expense reports, and cash control.
- Perform all the accounts receivable activities including billings, cash receipts application, etc.;
- Responsible for cash management, which includes preparation of weekly cash forecast reports.
- Assure corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company’s value.
- Respond to CEO as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate his financial needs.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Direct the department’s international operations for statement preparation, internal controls and reviews, financial standards and audits.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements. Must ensure all international subsidiary ledgers and reports are closed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Review all international controls and propose and implement new and amended control procedures.
- Ensure that international finance teams are preparing financial information monthly/quarterly/annually using approved company financial reporting tools.
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail. Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be comfortable working within a dynamic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Professionalism, confidentiality, discretion and flexibility.
- Strong computer literacy including Microsoft Applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- A positive “can-do” attitude.
- Willingness to be proactive.
- Willingness to learn, grow, and adapt.
- High degree of cultural sensitivity, capable of working in an ethnically diverse environment.
Required Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in accounting.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience with at least 2 years in accounting management (i.e., controller, assistant controller, accounting manager).
Preferred Education and Experience
- International finance/accounting management experience working for multi-national companies.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.