Optym, a global software company, has immediate need for a Chief Software Architect in Dallas, TX. The Chief Software Architect is responsible for the technical architecture and design of network planning software suite for the airline industry. At Optym, our mission is to build decision automation and optimization solutions that increase efficiency in transportation and logistics. In addition to design and development using cutting-edge techniques, you will lead initiatives that improve efficiency and quality of our software products.
You are a proud tech geek who wants to stay on top of technological advancements. You have experience in architecting complex software solutions in multi-user environment. You take pride in coming up with pragmatic approaches for a software suite consisting of multiple modules loosely connected. You understand the need of software architecture aligned with agile development methodology. You do not shy away from complex business problems but rather look forward to tackling them. You are a hands-on person ready to roll-up your sleeves to create prototypes and lead by examples. You understand the value of teamwork and foster a collaborative team spirit that brings together designers, architects, developers and product managers towards a common goal of solving our customer’s problems. Location is not a barrier for you, as you can work effectively with team members across multiple time zones in multiple countries.
- Design the overall system architecture for a next generation Network Planning Solution Suite for airlines. Ensure the system architecture is modular, fast and flexible to meet future potential needs.
- Be responsible for the system’s technical and nonfunctional requirements.
- Interact with both internal and external clients to understand the business needs and ensure that the architecture design meets business requirements.
- Perform R&D activities for solving immediate needs and future adaptation of new technologies.
- Build and grow a highly talented team of engineering professionals that is energized and focused on implementing advanced architecture solutions.
- Exercise responsibility for the coordination of projects and programs of work associated with the effective development, delivery, and maintenance of technical solutions.
- Review documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, and code comments developed by the team of software engineers.
- Apply expert technical knowledge and expertise to contribute to the development of policies, procedures and the formulation of a robust and scalable architecture for external clients, by established policies and procedures, and legislative requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Expert level knowledge in software architecture and design – SoA, Event Driven Architecture, Design Patterns and principles, Domain Driven Design and API design (both RESTful and RPC).
- Expert level knowledge of SDLC and experience in rapid agile development methodologies.
- Expert level knowledge of .NET Framework, CLR, and C#.
- Expert level knowledge of Windows application development with WPF.
- Understand and preferably have hands-on experience with the following technologies/solutions:
- Relational, Dimensional and No-SQL database systems
- In-Memory data grid and databases
- Messaging systems
- BI tools and technologies (ETL, Data warehousing, Reporting)
- Strong communication and presentation skills both in verbal and in writing.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or related fields with minimum of ten years of relevant experience or a Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field with five years of relevant experience. At least three years of experience working as the software architect for large and complex projects.