- Full Time
Optym is a leading provider of decision automation and optimization software products for airlines, trucking, and railroad industries. Optym’s Sky Suite products for Network Planning and Scheduling in airlines are next-generation software solutions for flight scheduling, traffic forecasting, and aircraft capacity planning. With its headquarters located in Gainesville, Florida and branches in four countries, Optym has over 250 highly qualified professionals and is rapidly growing. Optym offers competitive compensation and a great benefits package. Learn more about Optym and its culture at www.optym.com
Optym has immediate openings for Delivery Manager positions in Dallas, TX and Gainesville, FL. As a Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the implementation and support of advanced software systems for Network Planning and Scheduling within airlines. The Delivery Manager also establishes delivery processes designed to ensure consistently high service performance, leads project teams in the delivery of services, and works with customers to develop quality improvement plans. You will also be involved in consulting engagements for clients.
- Act as an SME for Optym software in airline Network Planning and Scheduling
- Customer relationship management
- First line of support to users
- Serve as a liaison between customers and product developers
- Ensure the solution adoption of products, working with end users
- Create and manage project plans including release plans and deployments
- Maintain and manage customer-specific Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Assist with training guides, release notes, user guides and other forms of documentation
- Bachelor’s or higher degree from a recognized institution
- 3-5 years of work experience in delivering optimization-guided software solutions
- Previous experience with Airline Forecasting and/or Optimization models a plus
- Project Management Certification
- Experience with AGILE methodology
- Experience in the aviation industry is a plus
- Familiarity with all aspects of the SDLC
Why You Should Join Optym:
- Be a part of delivery of innovative software solutions
- Highly educated, intelligent and inspired team
- Culture of innovation and creativity
- Ability to make a big societal impact
Senior Motion Graphics Artist
- Full Time
Optym, a global software company is seeking a full-time Senior motion Graphics Artist to work in our marketing department in the Gainesville Office. We are looking for someone who has the drive and personality to integrate into our studio team and will be proactively involved in the ongoing development of our department and workflow.
- Draft, design and produce high quality animations and videos.
- Produce animations for software applications.
- Ensure optimal interplay between storytelling and visuals
- Work closely and consult regularly with our designers, copywriters and technical departments.
- Provide regular feedback to the team.
- Take joint responsibility for ensuring that our high standards of quality are met.
- Leading a video or design team.
- Managing time lines and making sure projects are delivered in timely fashion.
Optym focuses on both hard and soft skills. We believe they are equally important in determining success within our company.
- A completed degree or apprenticeship in 2D animation or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in marketing, film or a similar area in regards to animation and/or advertisement production.
- Thorough knowledge of video editing, as well as the Adobe creative suite (After Effects, Premiere)
- Excellent understanding of cinematography, storytelling and movement (know how to Storyboard)
- C4D skills not mandatory but a plus
- Know how to storyboard
- Knowledge in Character rigging and animation in Adobe After Effects
- Experience working with teams composed of people from many departments
- Highly knowledgeable about current industry standards regarding software, and emerging trends
- Strong written and spoken English skills, with strong organizational, social and communication skills
- Passionate about software, animation, and/or films
Additional required soft skills:
- Interdisciplinary – Because the video team is often given a wide range of tasks like illustrating, designing, photographing and photo editing, etc., you must have confidence to apply skills to multiple types of projects in different ways.
- Flexible mindset – Being an in-house team, it’s common for project direction to change quickly and frequently. You should always be open and accepting to changing project conditions.
- High sense of self-awareness – Especially important for the creative field, you should be aware of your own bias.
- Ability to write, research and manage – Especially important because of how much work we put into our video scripts, you should be able to both work individually and delegate in these areas.
- Desire to expand your skills – Optym has a culture of learning. Your desires should be aligned.
- Ability to properly negotiate – You should be able to present and pull for risky, creative ideas without being unpleasant.
- Experience with working with clients – When we work with our engineers, it’s like working with a client. You should always strive to treat them better than they expect.
- Team Player – When things go wrong, do you close off and handle it solo? Or do you rally your team to work together to find a solution?
Salary commensurate with experience. Optym offers a competitive pay and benefits package including insurance, profit sharing and stock options.
Please include a demo reel and resume when applying for this position.
Please email your resume AND portfolio for consideration to email@example.com. If you have questions, please contact by email for more information about our company, visit www.optym.com.
User Experience (UX) Designer
- Full Time
- Gainesville, FL and Dallas, TX
Multiple positions are open in Senior UX Designer and UX Designer roles at Optym in Gainesville, FL and Dallas, TX. We are seeking bright, motivated and ambitious individuals who will help Optym become a leading decision automation and optimization software provider for transportation and logistics companies worldwide.
In these roles, you are required to create a clean and functional design based on business requirements.
- Meet with clients, work with business analyst/product manager to gather the requirements
- Quick at converting requirements into initial design directions using wireframes and storyboards to get feedback from stakeholders
- Produce mid-high fidelity prototypes and mockups for dev. team.
- Be involved in QA of the implementation to make sure dev is in-line with proposed designs.
- Be the champion of the users by being their advocate while product decisions are made
- Ability to iterate quickly, deliver results in an agile development environment
- Ability to take feedback and collaborate with business and technology teams to design and deliver great user experiences
- Rationalize design decisions to stakeholders and peers
- Coordinate and execute user research efforts (interviews, usability testing, surveys, etc.)
- Consistently raise the bar for design standards through your work
- Promote user centered approach in the team.
- Develop expert knowledge of industry, competitive and complementary products
- 5+ years of design or relevant experience
- 3+ years of experience with mobile web/responsive design
- “Full Stack” designer – strong UI and visual skills, big picture UX and product design thinking, interaction design
- Fluent in prototyping software such as Sketch, Axure RP, Adobe XD and Adobe Suite etc.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal/written communication, networking, presentation and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated experience in online interaction design or information architecture
- Outstanding conceptual design skills and familiarity with high-level artifacts (scenarios, personals, flow diagrams, etc.)
- Startup design and international experience preferred
When applying, link to a portfolio or work sample is a must. The portfolio should talk about the design process and design decisions as well as the end results.
Staff Accountant II
- Full Time
Optym, a global software company is seeking a full-time Staff Accountant II to work in our Accounting department in the Gainesville Office. We are looking for someone who has the drive and personality to integrate into our Accounting team and will be proactively involved in the ongoing development of our department and workflow. For more information about our company, visit www.optym.com.
- Assists Director of Finance in preparing consolidated internal and external financial statements.
- Prepares general ledger entries for accruals and adjusting and reclassifying entries.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts; reviewing for input accuracy and prepare monthly reports and journal entries, as needed.
- Supports monthly and year-end financial close, including balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Reconciles Fixed Assets and Depreciation Accounts. Records revenue and receivables.
- Administration of quarterly business and payroll taxes.
- Assists in preparing entries for monthly software development cost capitalization.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and assist with the annual budget process.
- Prepare annual 1099’s; Assist in tax return preparation including use tax and 1099 reports.
- Assists with preparation of monthly cost allocation reports.
- Proficient in QuickBooks accounting software (3 years preferred experience)
- Some knowledge of GAAP and tenacity to find out what you don’t know
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, Google products and other online collaboration tools
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Able to complete tasks accurately and timely with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Thrives in a collaborative, team player office environment
- Ability to represent the accounting office as a friendly place to visit for all our employees and vendors
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent plus five to seven years of work experience.
- Experience in software, SAAS, or technology company preferred.
- Experience in accounting at a public company preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience. Optym offers a competitive pay and benefits package including insurance, profit sharing and stock options. Relocation may be available for the right candidate.
Please email your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Business Analyst
- Full Time
Innovative Scheduling, LLC DBA Optym seeks a Senior Business Analyst in Gainesville, FL.
Duties: Conduct preliminary investigation for project requests by analyzing requirements, specifications, testing, support and training plans. Ensure all are in line with the business objectives. Elicit, translate and communicate detailed requirements for the development team. Prioritize tasks and bugs for upcoming sprints and groom the product backlog based off knowledge of client / market needs. Work with the UX team to design new features and validate designs for functionality. Perform initial screening of newly developed features to ensure features were built as per the design specifications and that implementation meets business needs. Review QA test cases to ensure proper coverage of application use-cases. Prepare and validate relevant data needed for optimization / simulation modules. Perform analysis of engine results to ensure proper functioning of optimization / simulation modules. Conduct internal demos of completed features. Regularly monitor team progress and work to resolve blocking dependencies with business units.
Require a Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Business Administration or related field. In the alternative, the employer would accept a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Business Administration or related field plus 5 years’ experience. If the applicant has a Master’s degree, he or she must have any amount of experience with the following which can be demonstrated through work experience, internships, and/or course credit but if he or she does not have a Master’s degree, he/she must have 1 year of experience with the following: Visual Basic for Applications (VBA); Object-Oriented Programing; Structured Query Language (SQL); Agile Development; understanding of Software Development Life Cycle; and version control tool such as CVS.
Must also have authority to work permanently in the U.S. Applicants who are interested in this position may apply at jobpostingtoday.com, reference number 79551. Employees of Optym may refer this job for purposes of our employee referral program.
Senior Systems Engineer.
- Full Time
Innovative Scheduling, LLC. seeks a Senior Systems Engineer in Gainesville, FL.
Interacts with clients to gather business requirements and translates into technical requirements. Conducts research to identify use cases, needs for product, methods to improve scale of network flow algorithms, simulation models and decision support systems. Develops simulation, quantitative and hybrid models of complex logistics systems to evaluate and predict performance measures. Develops and implements optimization algorithms. Integrates simulation models and decision support systems to optimize complex systems. Develops data collection systems and strategies to obtain quality data and interpret data using statistical tools. Collaborates with other teams to design database, UI, algorithm and engine. Measures, controls, maintains, tests and improves the quality of model/software development. Prepares functional specification and project report documents.
Require a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field plus 5 years of experience or, in the alternative, a Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related. Must have any amount of experience with the following which can be acquired through work experience, internship(s), and/or course credit: Math skills including statistics, calculus, linear algebra and other advanced mathematical disciplines; operation research and ability to build optimization model and develop algorithms; Object-Oriented Programming; and SQL and statistical tools to obtain quality data.
Must also have authority to work permanently in the U.S. Applicants who are interested in this position may apply https://www.jobpostingtoday.com/ Ref # 74586. Employees of Optym may refer this job for purposes of our employee referral program.