Senior Motion Graphics Artist
- Full Time
Optym, a global software company is seeking a full-time Senior motion Graphics Artist to work in our marketing department in the Gainesville Office. We are looking for someone who has the drive and personality to integrate into our studio team and will be proactively involved in the ongoing development of our department and workflow.
- Draft, design and produce high quality animations and videos.
- Produce animations for software applications.
- Ensure optimal interplay between storytelling and visuals
- Work closely and consult regularly with our designers, copywriters and technical departments.
- Provide regular feedback to the team.
- Take joint responsibility for ensuring that our high standards of quality are met.
- Leading a video or design team.
- Managing time lines and making sure projects are delivered in timely fashion.
Optym focuses on both hard and soft skills. We believe they are equally important in determining success within our company.
- A completed degree or apprenticeship in 2D animation or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in marketing, film or a similar area in regards to animation and/or advertisement production.
- Thorough knowledge of video editing, as well as the Adobe creative suite (After Effects, Premiere)
- Excellent understanding of cinematography, storytelling and movement (know how to Storyboard)
- C4D skills not mandatory but a plus
- Know how to storyboard
- Knowledge in Character rigging and animation in Adobe After Effects
- Experience working with teams composed of people from many departments
- Highly knowledgeable about current industry standards regarding software, and emerging trends
- Strong written and spoken English skills, with strong organizational, social and communication skills
- Passionate about software, animation, and/or films
Additional required soft skills:
- Interdisciplinary – Because the video team is often given a wide range of tasks like illustrating, designing, photographing and photo editing, etc., you must have confidence to apply skills to multiple types of projects in different ways.
- Flexible mindset – Being an in-house team, it’s common for project direction to change quickly and frequently. You should always be open and accepting to changing project conditions.
- High sense of self-awareness – Especially important for the creative field, you should be aware of your own bias.
- Ability to write, research and manage – Especially important because of how much work we put into our video scripts, you should be able to both work individually and delegate in these areas.
- Desire to expand your skills – Optym has a culture of learning. Your desires should be aligned.
- Ability to properly negotiate – You should be able to present and pull for risky, creative ideas without being unpleasant.
- Experience with working with clients – When we work with our engineers, it’s like working with a client. You should always strive to treat them better than they expect.
- Team Player – When things go wrong, do you close off and handle it solo? Or do you rally your team to work together to find a solution?
Salary commensurate with experience. Optym offers a competitive pay and benefits package including insurance, profit sharing and stock options.
Please include a demo reel and resume when applying for this position.
Please email your resume AND portfolio for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions, please contact by email for more information about our company, visit www.optym.com.
Staff Accountant II
- Full Time
Optym, a global software company is seeking a full-time Staff Accountant II to work in our Accounting department in the Gainesville Office. We are looking for someone who has the drive and personality to integrate into our Accounting team and will be proactively involved in the ongoing development of our department and workflow. For more information about our company, visit www.optym.com.
- Assists Director of Finance in preparing consolidated internal and external financial statements.
- Prepares general ledger entries for accruals and adjusting and reclassifying entries.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts; reviewing for input accuracy and prepare monthly reports and journal entries, as needed.
- Supports monthly and year-end financial close, including balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Reconciles Fixed Assets and Depreciation Accounts. Records revenue and receivables.
- Administration of quarterly business and payroll taxes.
- Assists in preparing entries for monthly software development cost capitalization.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and assist with the annual budget process.
- Prepare annual 1099’s; Assist in tax return preparation including use tax and 1099 reports.
- Assists with preparation of monthly cost allocation reports.
- Proficient in QuickBooks accounting software (3 years preferred experience)
- Some knowledge of GAAP and tenacity to find out what you don’t know
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, Google products and other online collaboration tools
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Able to complete tasks accurately and timely with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Thrives in a collaborative, team player office environment
- Ability to represent the accounting office as a friendly place to visit for all our employees and vendors
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent plus five to seven years of work experience.
- Experience in software, SAAS, or technology company preferred.
- Experience in accounting at a public company preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience. Optym offers a competitive pay and benefits package including insurance, profit sharing and stock options. Relocation may be available for the right candidate.
Please email your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
We have many new products in development stage for airline industry. These products will be using large data for optimization and decision making. Your job as a Database Engineer will be to contribute in architecture, design, and development on database and backend aspects in these products. If you are a professional with passion to bring the latest database and backend technology to modern software solutions and enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment, this position will be a great fit for you!
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package. Benefits include immigration visa sponsorship, health and medical insurances, 401K contributions, health & fitness benefit, etc.
- Database design, data modeling, development, debugging and optimization
- Working with popular DBMS such as SQL Server, Mongo DB, etc.
- Design and development of database related backend components
- R&D of new upcoming techniques in database management
- B.S. with at least three years of work experience or M.S. with at least one year of work experience in Computer Science or related field
- Comprehensive understanding of database design and development
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Working knowledge in either of C#, C++, Java, or Python
- Familiarity with modern Big-Data Technologies such as Hadoop, HDFS, Spark and HiveSQL
Why You Should Join Optym:
- Interesting and challenging projects
- Great work environment in a park-like setting
- Highly educated, intelligent and inspired team
- Culture of innovation and creativity
- Ability to make a big societal impact
Senior User Experience (UX) Designer
Senior UX designer role is required to create a clean and functional design based on business requirements.
- Meet with clients, work with business analyst/product manager to gather the requirements
- Quick at converting requirements into initial design directions using wireframes and storyboards to get feedback from stakeholders
- Produce mid-high fidelity prototypes and mockups for dev. team.
- Be involved in QA of the implementation to make sure dev is in-line with proposed designs.
- Be the champion of the users by being their advocate while product decisions are made
- Ability to iterate quickly, deliver results in an agile development environment
- Ability to take feedback and collaborate with business and technology teams to design and deliver great user experiences
- Rationalize design decisions to stakeholders and peers
- Coordinate and execute user research efforts (interviews, usability testing, surveys, etc.)
- Consistently raise the bar for design standards through your work
- Promote user centered approach in the team.
- Develop expert knowledge of industry, competitive and complementary products
- 5+ years of design or relevant experience
- 3+ years of experience with mobile web/responsive design
- “Full Stack” designer – strong UI and visual skills, big picture UX and product design thinking, interaction design
- Fluent in prototyping software such as Sketch, Axure RP, Adobe XD and Adobe Suite etc.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal/written communication, networking, presentation and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated experience in online interaction design or information architecture
- Outstanding conceptual design skills and familiarity with high-level artifacts (scenarios, personals, flow diagrams, etc.)
- Startup design and international experience preferred
When applying, link to a portfolio or work sample is a must. The portfolio should talk about the design process and design decisions as well as the end results.
Optym is looking for a capable, motivated System Administrator to take over all aspects of the configuration and maintenance of our computer systems. Do you love tackling problems head-on? Do you enjoy coming up with creative solutions to a business’s pain points? Are you constantly updating your knowledge of hardware and software trends and advancements? If you can answer “yes” to those questions, you’ll fit in well with our company. We run a fast-paced but casual office in a supportive atmosphere. As a Systems Administrator on our team, you’ll wear lots of hats and gain plenty of valuable experience.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Respond to service request tickets in a timely manner.
- Thoroughly document network and server architecture.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of operating system and application software being used, to provide a fast, accurate, customer-focused support to end-users.
- Accept the risk that failure will occur; and prepare/implement plans to mitigate it.
- Assist development teams with architecture deployment for SaaS projects.
- Provide application support for various internal tools (е. g.: SQL Server, llS, JIRA, Confluence, SVN, Bitbucket, TeamCity, Octopus, SFTP, etc.).
- Add and maintain users; assigning application access, ensuring security, and maintaining ISO9001/27001 quality standards.
- Assist in maintaining infrastructure security through the application of various encryption/cryptography technologies such as SSL, SSH, PKI, etc., maintaining a layered security approach.
- Monitor usage/load on servers and make recommendations accordingly.
- Assist in the IT procurement process by gathering quotes, negotiating with vendors, and working within the IT budget.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Strong multitasking, time management, teamwork skills
Required Education and Experience
Minimum of Associate’s degree in related field, 4 to 7 years of systems administration experience, plus three (3) or more skills/certifications from the list below:
- Microsoft Systems (MCSA)
- Cisco Routing/Switching (CCNA)
- IT Security (Security+, SSCP, CISSP etc.)
- AWS, GCP, and Azure architecture.
- Programming/scripting languages, such as Shell, PowerShell, C#, PHP, Python.
- Multi-site VPN
- VMware vSрhеге
- Strong understanding оf Windows Sеrvеr 2016 rоlеs such as AD, DHCP, DNS, S/FTP, llS, etс.
Linux-based OS deployment (CentOS/RedHat Enterprise) experience is a plus.