The Business Analyst serves as a liaison between internal and external business units and software development teams. Assists with the business case by defining business problems and primary objectives of new projects. Analyzes the business domain to create a complete picture of work-flows and technical requirements fulfilled by existing and proposed software.
- Conducts preliminary investigations for project requests by analyzing requirements, specifications, tests, and support and training plans. Ensures all are in line with business objectives.
- Daily planning, monitoring and organizing of requirements.
- Elicits, translates, simplifies and communicates business requirements.
- Reviews test cases based on business requirements and functional requirements.
- Validates input data and results of simulations or optimization modules.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Industrial Engineering, Business Administration or related field or four to ten years related experience.
Preferred Education and Experience: Master’s degree or equivalent in Industrial Engineering, Business Administration or related field.
The recruiter is responsible for full life-cycle recruiting: sourcing, screening and recommending placement of staff by using creative sourcing methods (internal and external).
- Partners with hiring manager to determine staffing needs.
- Screens resumes, interviews candidates (by phone or in person), administers appropriate assessments and reference/background checking, makes recommendations for hire (or not hire) and delivers employment offers for both exempt and nonexempt position openings.
- Uses traditional and nontraditional resources, such as career fairs, online job fairs, community network events, etc., to identify and attract quality candidates.
- Develops advertising programs (internal and external) to ensure high visibility with potential candidates.
- Manages internal transfer process, including screening, coordination of interviews with hiring manager, transfer offer letters, etc.
- Follows up with candidates and hiring managers to obtain feedback regarding recruiting process.
- Develops and maintains an excellent relationship with internal and external clients to ensure achievement of staffing goals.
- Manages relationships with external recruiters and temporary staffing agencies. Establishes preferred vendors and manages contract agreements
- Communicates important employment information during delivery of employment offers (e.g., benefits, compensation, noncompete agreements).
- Schedules interviews, coordinates and escorts candidates through the interview process and arranges for travel and lodging when applicable.
- Manages application/resume file and retention according to company policy.
- Maintains memberships and affiliations with trade/professional organizations related to industry.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive material.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be comfortable working within an ever changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Professionalism, confidentiality, discretion and flexibility.
- Strong computer literacy including Microsoft Applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus minimum 3 years of related experience. Experience in technical recruiting / software industry a plus.
The company has an immediate job opening for a full-time Senior Database Developer. This position will be based in Optym’s Gainesville, FL location.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- SQL Server design, data modeling, development, debugging and optimization
- Good understanding of SQL Server internals and underlying hardware.
- SQL Server database performance tuning.
- SQL Server automation to create reports and dashboards for business process management.
- Quantitative analysis of reports through various KPIs and translating the data into actionable insights for the clients and the senior management
- Implementing data fusion, ETL, information integration, and applying analytics over huge structured and unstructured client data.
- Working on BI projects both at backend and in client facing roles.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field and two years of related experience and/or training.
Preferred Education and Experience: Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field.
To improve the financial management in its growing business, Optym has an immediate opening for a Financial Analyst. We are seeking bright, motivated and ambitious individuals who will help Optym managing its finance and will provide crucial assistance in the strategic decision making.
- Determines cost of operations by establishing standard costs; collecting operational data.
- Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Guides cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Increases productivity by developing automated accounting applications; coordinating information requirements.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Financial Management from reputed institutions
- At least 2 years of experience in financial analysis role
- Experience in corporate finance, cost accounting, and statistical analysis
- Good command on analytical applications such as Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
Optym has an immediate opportunity for an internship in our writing department. We are seeking a talented individual fluent in Spanish to help with the marketing efforts especially translation work for the South American market.
The translation process usually involves a combination of the following:
- Reading original material and rewriting it in the target language, ensuring that the meaning of the source text is accurate and retained;
- Using specialist dictionaries, thesauruses, reference books, white papers, presentations, etc., to find the closest equivalents for industry terminology and words used;
- Using appropriate software for presentation and delivery;
- Researching legal, technical and scientific phraseology to find the correct translation;
- Liaising with colleagues to discuss any unclear points;
- Proofreading and editing final translated versions;
- Providing colleagues with a grammatically correct, well-expressed final version of the translated text, usually as a word-processed document;
- Using the internet and email as research tools throughout the translation process;
- Prioritizing work to meet deadlines;
- Providing quotations for translation services offered;
- Consulting with experts in specialist areas;
- Creating video scripts to convert original video language to target language;
- Retaining and developing knowledge on specialist areas of translation;
- Following various translation-quality standards to ensure legal and ethical obligations to the customer.
The Systems Engineer supports projects through the development of mathematical models and algorithms for prototypes of optimization and simulation solutions. Understands the business process and comes up with appropriate models to improve Client’s operational efficiency.
- Assists senior team members in designing the overall system to include data, algorithm, engine and user interface.
- Develops code for software product according to defined plans and models, performs code reviews to ensure requirements are met and identifies improvements or bugs.
- Develops and reviews algorithms that drive the product’s engine.
- Improves efficiency of algorithms to reduce execution time and obtain a better solution.
- Analyzes input and solution data to identify key trends and factors that drive the business.
- Assists with developing a functional and efficient database.
- Works closely with database and front end developers to integrate the optimization/simulation engine with the software application.
- Documents code, ideas and discussions.
- Writes professional reports and user manuals, and prepares presentations for clients and team members.
- Participates in client calls to gather business requirements and assists with project proposal preparations.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Industrial Engineering or related field or four to ten years related experience.
Preferred Education and Experience: Master’s degree or equivalent in Industrial Engineering or related field and two to four years of related experience and/or training.
Senior Systems Engineer
The Senior Systems Engineer supports projects through the development of mathematical models and algorithms for optimization and simulation solutions. Leads efforts of understanding the business process and leads the designing of appropriate models to improve Client’s operational efficiency.
- Interacts with clients to gather business requirements and translates into technical requirements.
- Conducts research to identify use cases, needs for product, methods to improve scale of network flow algorithms, simulation models and decision support systems.
- Develops simulation, quantitative and hybrid models of complex logistics systems to evaluate and predict performance measures.
- Develops and implements optimization algorithms.
- Integrates simulation models and decision support systems to optimize complex systems.
- Develops data collection systems and strategies to obtain quality data and interpret data using statistical tools.
- Collaborates with other teams to design database, UI, algorithm and engine.
- Measures, controls, maintains, tests and improves the quality of model/software development.
- Prepares functional specification and project report documents.
Required Education and Experience: Master’s degree or equivalent in Industrial Engineering or related field or four to ten years of related experience.
Preferred Education and Experience: Ph.D. degree or equivalent in Industrial Engineering or related field and two to four years of related experience and/or training.
The Software Engineer supports projects through the design, implementation and testing of software solutions. Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming.
- Assists senior team members with the design and architecture of software.
- Responsible for the skeleton class design, algorithm implementation, rule engine setup and business logic development.
- Codes the methods based on the design document.
- Performs peer code review and creates test scenarios and tests code.
- Maintains high quality coding and validation standards throughout the development cycle.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field or four to ten years related experience.
Preferred Education and Experience: Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field and two to four years of related experience and/or training.
Senior Software Engineer
The Senior Software Engineer supports projects through the development of information systems by designing, developing and deploying software solutions. Leads development initiatives that improve efficiency and reduce maintenance costs. Supports, develops and trains members of the software team.
- Develops software solutions based on system design document, studying systems flow, data usage and work processes.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Defines coding standards and code development tools specification.
- Participates in code reviews and defining review strategies.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Proactively monitors software application performance and provides information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues.
- Researches new technologies and prototyping feasibility.
- Maintains high quality coding and validation standards throughout development cycle.
Required Education and Experience: Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field or four to ten years related experience.
Preferred Education and Experience: Ph.D. degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field and two to four years of related experience and/or training.
Optym builds automation and optimization products for transportation companies consisting of world’s leading railroads, airlines, mining and trucking companies. Optym products solve some of the most challenging optimization problems using cutting edge Operations Research and Computer Science techniques. With its headquarters located in Gainesville, Florida and branches in four countries, Optym has over 250 highly qualified professionals and is rapidly growing.
To meet its growing needs in its railroad business unit, Optym has an immediate job opening for a full-time Vice President – Rail Solutions. Followings are primary job responsibilities of this position:
- Product strategy and roadmap developments for the railroad solutions keeping current and future market needs of optimization based systems.
- Business development and account management of railroad solutions worldwide. This includes leading efforts in new market penetration, pricing, and licensing models.
- Growth management in rail business unit with renewed focus on strategic planning, sales, marketing, mergers and acquisitions, and partnership.
- Design and execution of software development, implementation and consulting practices for railroad solutions.
- Leading the sales, marketing, and business development team in rail business unit.
- Assist in operational and financial management and leadership development in the company.
Required Education and Experience:
- Over ten years of experience in strategic planning, sales, and marketing of railroad software solutions.
- Over five years of experience in closing multiple large scale deals of optimization-based railroad systems with large railroads.
- Experience in account management and in railroad software development, product management, new sales generation, and implementation.
- Experience in leading the mergers and acquisitions of businesses of strategic importance.
- Post graduate degree in Business Administration or equivalent from a reputed institution.
- Must be a collaborative individual with strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be motivated, ambitious and possess exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have strong negotiation skills.