The Business Analyst serves as a liaison between internal and external business units and software development teams. Assists with the business case by defining business problems and primary objectives of new projects. Analyzes the business domain to create a complete picture of work-flows and technical requirements fulfilled by existing and proposed software.
- Conducts preliminary investigations for project requests by analyzing requirements, specifications, tests, and support and training plans. Ensures all are in line with business objectives.
- Daily planning, monitoring and organizing of requirements.
- Elicits, translates, simplifies and communicates business requirements.
- Reviews test cases based on business requirements and functional requirements.
- Validates input data and results of simulations or optimization modules.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Industrial Engineering, Business Administration or related field or four to ten years related experience.
Preferred Education and Experience: Master’s degree or equivalent in Industrial Engineering, Business Administration or related field.
The recruiter is responsible for full life-cycle recruiting: sourcing, screening and recommending placement of staff by using creative sourcing methods (internal and external).
- Partners with hiring manager to determine staffing needs.
- Screens resumes, interviews candidates (by phone or in person), administers appropriate assessments and reference/background checking, makes recommendations for hire (or not hire) and delivers employment offers for both exempt and nonexempt position openings.
- Uses traditional and nontraditional resources, such as career fairs, online job fairs, community network events, etc., to identify and attract quality candidates.
- Develops advertising programs (internal and external) to ensure high visibility with potential candidates.
- Manages internal transfer process, including screening, coordination of interviews with hiring manager, transfer offer letters, etc.
- Follows up with candidates and hiring managers to obtain feedback regarding recruiting process.
- Develops and maintains an excellent relationship with internal and external clients to ensure achievement of staffing goals.
- Manages relationships with external recruiters and temporary staffing agencies. Establishes preferred vendors and manages contract agreements
- Communicates important employment information during delivery of employment offers (e.g., benefits, compensation, noncompete agreements).
- Schedules interviews, coordinates and escorts candidates through the interview process and arranges for travel and lodging when applicable.
- Manages application/resume file and retention according to company policy.
- Maintains memberships and affiliations with trade/professional organizations related to industry.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive material.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be comfortable working within an ever changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Professionalism, confidentiality, discretion and flexibility.
- Strong computer literacy including Microsoft Applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus minimum 3 years of related experience. Experience in technical recruiting / software industry a plus.
The company has an immediate job opening for a full-time Senior Database Developer. This position will be based in Optym’s Gainesville, FL location.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- SQL Server design, data modeling, development, debugging and optimization
- Good understanding of SQL Server internals and underlying hardware.
- SQL Server database performance tuning.
- SQL Server automation to create reports and dashboards for business process management.
- Quantitative analysis of reports through various KPIs and translating the data into actionable insights for the clients and the senior management
- Implementing data fusion, ETL, information integration, and applying analytics over huge structured and unstructured client data.
- Working on BI projects both at backend and in client facing roles.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field and two years of related experience and/or training.
Preferred Education and Experience: Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field.
Director – Systems Engineering
(Gainesville, FL) Innovative Scheduling LLC D/B/A Optym has immediate opening for Dir. Systems Engineering. Master’s in Indus. Eng, Comp Sci, or related, and 6 yrs’ exp (or Ph.D. + 3yrs). Exp w/programming and project mgmt of simulation/optimization software development life cycle, software dev w/scrum, algorithm design for transport & logistics industries. 25% int’l travel req’d.
Marketing Design Internship
Talented, curious and energetic. You want to work side by side with designers (and occasionally other team members) to help problem-solve, learn more about user experience in a real-world setting and develop your design skills. You have good organizational skills, an eye for detail and a hunger to learn about design in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Document and maintain our brand’s style and identity.
- Design updates and enhancements to our web-based products.
- Update flyers, one-sheets and various marketing materials.
- Organize and populate our brand asset directory.
- Participate in design strategy meetings.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university pursing a degree in design (motion graphics or graphic design).
- Graduating between 2017 and 2018.
- Proficiency with design tools (Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.).
- Available 20 hours per week (flexible with your schedule).
- Creative, collaborative and innovative thinking skills.
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing priorities.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Experience working with wireframes.
- Experience with Motion graphics
- Fabulous sense of humor.
- Willingness to learn
Required Application Materials:
- Cover letter, including:
- What you’re passionate about
- What you want to learn
Full Charge Bookkeeper / Staff Accountant
This position reports to the Associate Director of Finance and Accounting and is responsible for, but not limited to, maintaining the day-to-day accounting functions, accruals, financial statement preparation, and performing general accounting functions, as required.
If you are excited by working in a creative environment with other technologically savvy people, then read on! Our company prides itself on ‘best in class’ products and infrastructure and we are ready to take our finance and accounting to the next level!
- Full cycle Accounts Receivable, including preparation of monthly invoices and maintaining customer and vendor records
- Use Bill.com to enter vendor bills and process payments
- Bank Reconciliations including foreign currency accounts
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts; reviewing for input accuracy and prepare monthly reports and journal entries, as needed
- General ledger maintenance
- Processes payroll, benefit- and 401K deductions, workers’ comp insurance and related services in liaison with HR Manager
- Administration of quarterly business and payroll taxes
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Maintain required business documents
- Prepare annual 1099’s
- Assist with the annual budget process
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, Google products and other online collaboration tools
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Able to complete tasks accurately and timely with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Thrives in a collaborative, team player office environment
- Ability to represent the accounting office as a friendly place to visit for all our employees and vendors
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent plus three to five years of full charge bookkeeping experience..
The Systems Engineer supports projects through the development of mathematical models and algorithms for prototypes of optimization and simulation solutions. Understands the business process and comes up with appropriate models to improve Client’s operational efficiency.
- Assists senior team members in designing the overall system to include data, algorithm, engine and user interface.
- Develops code for software product according to defined plans and models, performs code reviews to ensure requirements are met and identifies improvements or bugs.
- Develops and reviews algorithms that drive the product’s engine.
- Improves efficiency of algorithms to reduce execution time and obtain a better solution.
- Analyzes input and solution data to identify key trends and factors that drive the business.
- Assists with developing a functional and efficient database.
- Works closely with database and front end developers to integrate the optimization/simulation engine with the software application.
- Documents code, ideas and discussions.
- Writes professional reports and user manuals, and prepares presentations for clients and team members.
- Participates in client calls to gather business requirements and assists with project proposal preparations.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Industrial Engineering or related field or four to ten years related experience.
Preferred Education and Experience: Master’s degree or equivalent in Industrial Engineering or related field and two to four years of related experience and/or training.
Senior Systems Engineer
The Senior Systems Engineer supports projects through the development of mathematical models and algorithms for optimization and simulation solutions. Leads efforts of understanding the business process and leads the designing of appropriate models to improve Client’s operational efficiency.
- Interacts with clients to gather business requirements and translates into technical requirements.
- Conducts research to identify use cases, needs for product, methods to improve scale of network flow algorithms, simulation models and decision support systems.
- Develops simulation, quantitative and hybrid models of complex logistics systems to evaluate and predict performance measures.
- Develops and implements optimization algorithms.
- Integrates simulation models and decision support systems to optimize complex systems.
- Develops data collection systems and strategies to obtain quality data and interpret data using statistical tools.
- Collaborates with other teams to design database, UI, algorithm and engine.
- Measures, controls, maintains, tests and improves the quality of model/software development.
- Prepares functional specification and project report documents.
Required Education and Experience: Master’s degree or equivalent in Industrial Engineering or related field or four to ten years of related experience.
Preferred Education and Experience: Ph.D. degree or equivalent in Industrial Engineering or related field and two to four years of related experience and/or training.
The Software Engineer supports projects through the design, implementation and testing of software solutions. Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming.
- Assists senior team members with the design and architecture of software.
- Responsible for the skeleton class design, algorithm implementation, rule engine setup and business logic development.
- Codes the methods based on the design document.
- Performs peer code review and creates test scenarios and tests code.
- Maintains high quality coding and validation standards throughout the development cycle.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field or four to ten years related experience.
Preferred Education and Experience: Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field and two to four years of related experience and/or training.
Senior Software Engineer
The Senior Software Engineer supports projects through the development of information systems by designing, developing and deploying software solutions. Leads development initiatives that improve efficiency and reduce maintenance costs. Supports, develops and trains members of the software team.
- Develops software solutions based on system design document, studying systems flow, data usage and work processes.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Defines coding standards and code development tools specification.
- Participates in code reviews and defining review strategies.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Proactively monitors software application performance and provides information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues.
- Researches new technologies and prototyping feasibility.
- Maintains high quality coding and validation standards throughout development cycle.
Required Education and Experience: Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field or four to ten years related experience.
Preferred Education and Experience: Ph.D. degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field and two to four years of related experience and/or training.