As a DevOps Engineer, you will be working with Optym’s engineering team, to deploy and operate our systems.
Your main goal will be to automate the deployment and maintenance processes, ensure the high availability of systems.
If you are excited about starting your career with an innovative tech company, we’d love to hear from you!
- Design architecture – guide, build, test, implement best practices and maintain a Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment processes and solutions․
- Drive DevOps optimization activities globally by coordinating with developers, peers, and other stakeholders in the organization․
- Implement secure DevOps practices and identify techniques for building secure platforms, integration security requirements, secure development practices, and deployment from the beginning to the end of the software lifecycle.
- Evaluate and implement various open source tools to leverage continuous integration and delivery platforms for the projects along with suggesting optimization factors to improve overall application performance.
- Understand server and service configuration best practices and be capable of debugging and resolving issues.
- At least 3 years working experience with Linux System Administration and proficiency in Shell.
- Database Administration and troubleshooting: MS SQL Server (mandatory), NoSQL databases like Mongo DB, etc.
- Repository management: GIT, TFS, SVN; SCM tools (e.g. SVN, TFS) for managing, labeling, branching, and merging source code․
- Cloud experience – AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, OpenStack, IAAS, PAAS.
- Project Management: JIRA, Confluence, and code review tools.
- Languages: Shell, Python, PowerShell.
- BS or MS in IT or related field.
As a Database Administrator, you will be responsible for enhancing, supporting and administering all instances of MS SQL, new client implementations and general application changes including their rollouts to production.
You will be using your technical database skills in an extremely fast-paced environment to support and provide enhancements to client installations and development process. Besides technical background, you should demonstrate problem-solving and good analytical skills, communication, teamwork and negotiation skills, flexibility and adaptability.
- To maintain production environments relating to online services. This will include development, stage and production systems across all relevant environments.
- Maintain high availability databases in support of 24*7 services
- Establishing and monitoring backup schedules.
- Tuning database configuration for optimum performance.
- Diagnose and resolve problems relating to database service availability and performance.
- Monitoring, regular benchmarking and performance reporting.
- Assisting development teams with effective schema design to achieve optimum performance.
- To work in a team environment and to work closely with other members of the team and customers.
- Implementing appropriate contingency procedures in response to planned and unexpected events.
- To establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders. This will include technical, operational and staff in other departments and divisions, as well as third parties.
- To ensure that applications and related services are documented and kept current.
- To undertake administration tasks as required e.g. to support problem resolution.
- To support the development teams and the 24/7 group in deploying applications and solving problems.
- Reviewing and ensuring complete and appropriate handover of documentation prior to operational acceptance of new or changed applications.
- To participate in the on-call support to the 24/7 team.
- Diagnose and correct installation, solving system and integration issues.
- To prepare deployment implementation plans and upgrade packages for new release versions.
- In-depth understanding and experience with SQL Server Database Administration.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with MS SQL Server Standard and Enterprise 2012; SQL 2016 experience a plus.
- Proven experience deploying production quality MS SQL database, stored procedures and SSIS packages.
- Experience supporting a 24/7 environment.
- Experience with backup strategies, clustering, high-availability (AlwaysOn Availability Groups)
- Previous SQL 2008 and 2012 database design, administration and development experience required.
- Strong T-SQL background for the development of views, stored procedures, and UDFs.
- Must be proficient in C# to the level required for CLR assemblies and SSIS development.
Senior Software Engineer
- Full Time
The Senior Software Engineer supports projects through the development of information systems by designing, developing and deploying software solutions. Leads development initiatives that improve efficiency and reduce maintenance costs. Supports, develops and trains members of the software team.
- Develops software solutions based on system design document, studying systems flow, data usage and work processes.
- Actively participates in software and database design processes.
- Enhances existing programs by identifying areas for improvement.
- Participates in code reviews and defining review strategies.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Proactively monitors software application performance and provides information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues.
- Maintains high quality coding and validation standards throughout the development cycle.
- Strong knowledge of C#, Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5, WPF, WCF.
- Familiarity with design and architectural patterns including MVC and MVVM.
- Working experience with relational databases including MS SQL Server and Oracle.
- Strong knowledge of SQL language and relational data model.
- Familiarity with algorithms, ability to estimate algorithm complexity.
- Familiarity with data structures.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
Required Education and Experience: Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field and four to six years of related experience.