Senior Software Engineer
- Full Time
The Senior Software Engineer supports projects through the development of information systems by designing, developing and deploying software solutions. Leads development initiatives that improve efficiency and reduce maintenance costs. Supports, develops and trains members of the software team.
- Develops software solutions based on system design document, studying systems flow, data usage and work processes.
- Actively participates in software and database design processes.
- Enhances existing programs by identifying areas for improvement.
- Participates in code reviews and defining review strategies.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Proactively monitors software application performance and provides information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues.
- Maintains high quality coding and validation standards throughout the development cycle.
- Strong knowledge of C#, Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5, WPF, WCF.
- Familiarity with design and architectural patterns including MVC and MVVM.
- Working experience with relational databases including MS SQL Server and Oracle.
- Strong knowledge of SQL language and relational data model.
- Familiarity with algorithms, ability to estimate algorithm complexity.
- Familiarity with data structures.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
Required Education and Experience: Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field and four to six years of related experience.
- Full Time
The biggest asset of Optym is the highly skilled team and the spirit of excellence and innovation. At Optym, we enjoy a friendly and collaborative environment that embraces diversity and encourages achievements.
The QA Engineer role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. As a QA Engineer, you will be working on projects designed for airlines, railway and trucking companies such as United and SouthWest Airlines, FedEx, Canadian Pacific Railway and Amadeus.
Your goal will be to create manual and automation test cases based on product requirements. Hence, at least 2 years of software testing experience is requested.
You will be responsible for constantly monitoring bug fixing process and creating corresponding reports. In this role, you should be a team player with a keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills.
We expect you to be flexible and creative in using different tools to find bugs and speed up the testing process, as well as constantly update your technical knowledge and skills.
If you enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d love to hear from you!
• Create manual and automation test cases based on product requirements;
• Execute manual and automated test scripts;
• Record and report test results both manual and automation;
• Write and execute SQL queries;
• Analyze memory usage and CPU time performance of the software;
• Constantly monitor bug fixing process and create corresponding reports;
• Be independent in performing assigned tasks;
• Update/ write different technical documentation;
• Work productively as a key member of the Software Development Team;
• Actively participate in discussions regarding technical issues and software business requirements;
• Travel to the USA to work with team members should the need arise.
• Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related disciplines;
• At least 2 years of software testing experience;
• Work experience with MS SQL Server and Oracle;
• Good understanding of SD life cycle;
• Very good knowledge of SQL; experience in development of database scripts and stored procedures;
• Good knowledge of English language including reading, writing and speaking.
• Knowledge of C#, C++, and/ or other programming languages;
• Experience in working with WPF or Silverlight applications;
• Familiarity with different web development technologies.